Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Introduction to Art in English

Hi my name is Leanie. After living in Taiwan for many years, I have decided to start teaching art. I have  created artwork since age 4 and completed a B. Tech degree at Tshwane University of Technology in 2003, South Africa.Firstly , I like to teach and I love art. So I thought why not combine the two? After many years of teaching English in the ESL industry I decided to give it a go. I started with a small group of students in May 2012. My aim with this blog is to share any information about art lesson plans specifically ones for students who are secondary language learners or whose first language is not English.Most of  the art classes are pretty much the same as you would find anywhere in the world ,with one exception, in addition to learning about art techniques and methods students also acquire a second or sometimes third language. Most of the students here in Taiwan are offered Science and Maths classes with English instruction ,however not much attention is given to the Arts.So I would like to give those students a chance.
Feel free to check out our Facebook page:https://www.Facebook.com/artineng

You can also view my portfolio on ziggiepot.blogspot.tw

 

No comments:

Post a Comment